House & Helicopter
Aviaxess were able to place their AS350B3 in the Place de la Concord for the Transport Festival from 17th to 20th November 2006, thanks to the kind patronage of the President of the Republic (Chirac). This was to mark the celebration of the 100th anniversary of helicopter flying which will start from New Year 2007. The first helicopter flew in 1907 and was the French made Cornu.
The Place de la Concord, is the largest square in Paris. Itsits on the Seine and separates the Tuilerie Gardens from the beginning of the Champs Elysées. Jacques Ange Gabriel, Louis XV's architect, began construction in 1754 and completed the square in 1763, when it was called the Place Louis XVand was dominated by an equestrian statue of Louis XVcommissioned by the city of Paris in 1748 from Bouchardon. In those days it was octagon shaped, bordered by large moats (now gone). The equestrian statue marked the intersection of two principal axis: the East-West axis from the perspective of the...